How to find these settings...
- Online Store
- Customize (Theme Editor)
- Add section
- Advanced Filter
Filter products using product tags or storefront filtering added in the admin.
In this section...
For a complete tag tutorial, check out Product Filters.
Storefront filtering is set up in Online Store > Navigation and is based on variants, availability, pricing, type, and vendor. To use this method, disable Enable tag based filters.
NOTE: Filters are case sensitive!
Using the tag group title above or the storefront filter title as an example, if a user selects the collection 'Shirts' from the first dropdown, additional dropdowns will be created for 'Color', 'Size' & 'Gender':
|Collection ˅||Color ˅||Size ˅||Gender ˅|
Each filter is dependent on the previous
- Select Shirts: The filter in 'Shirts' that match one of the tags in the 'Filter 1-3' inputs will be available in the remaining dropdowns. After you hit 'Search', you will go to /collections/shirts
- Select Shirts + Red: 'Size' & 'Gender' filters in 'Shirts' filtered with the Color > Red will be available in the remaining dropdowns. After you hit 'Search', you will go to /collections/shirts/color_red or /collections/shirts?filter.v.option.color=Red
- Select Shirts + Red + XL: 'Gender' filters in 'Shirts' that include the Color > Red AND Size > XL filters will be available in the last dropdown. After you hit 'Search', you will go to /collections/shirts/color_red+size_xl or /collections/shirts?filter.v.option.color=Red&filter.v.option.size=XL
- Select Shirts + Red + XL + Male: Products in 'Shirts' that include the Color > Red AND Size > XL AND Gender > Male tags will be available for the search. After you hit 'Search', you will go to /collections/shirts/color_red+size_xl+gender_male or /collections/shirts?filter.v.option.color=Red&filter.v.option.size=XL&filter.v.option.gender=Male
Each dropdown can be used individually, but the first collection dropdown must be selected. Users will never land on an empty collection page.
Title of the section or feature
Secondary title of the section or feature
By default, the dropdowns will layout side by side. Uncheck this setting to have them stack one of top of the other
First dropdown text
Choose the initial text to display in the first dropdown. By default it will be 'Select'
Remaining dropdown text
Choose the initial text to display in the remaining dropdowns. By default it will be 'Select'
Customize the text for the button. By default it will be 'Search'
Include a background image
The background image dimensions depend on 2 options:
- Whether full width or container width. Refer to Full width below
- The height will depend on your Height settings below
Set the focus of the image to ensure consistency regardless of the height setting, content height or screen width
When an image is chosen, you can uncheck this setting if you want the overlaid text to be the default color
The banner image and background color have the option of being as wide as the screen or only as wide as the content container. Refer to the following table to reference content widths & optimal image sizing:
|Setting||Desktop Width||Minimum Image Width|
|Full width checked||100%||1900px|
|Full width unchecked||1200px||1280px|
The overall height of the section in relation to the height of the screen. 5% is the minimum, and it steps up by 5 to a maximum of 100%
A color may be applied to background images to help the text clarity
When an 'Overlay' color has been selected, control the opacity with the slider. 0% is the minimum, and it steps up by 5 to a maximum of 100%
If an image is not used as a background, you can choose between None, Primary & Secondary. The Primary & Secondary colors are set in the Theme Settings Color section
Collection Content Blocks
Access content blocks using black arrow next 'Advanced filter'
Select the collection
Customize the title for the collection. By default, the drop down listing will use the collection title
Add the text preceding the '_' from the product tag or the title of the storefront filter. For more information on using product tags as filters, click here