How to find these settings...
- Online Store
- Customize (Theme Editor)
- Theme settings
- How do I set up Product Filters?
- Enable product filtering
- Collection Pages Sub Collections
- Menus and links
Avenue has 2 options for filtering products:
- Tags: Product tags are added in the admin, Learn More. The tags option also uses the Online Store 2.0 price filter, Learn More. To use tags, check 'Enable tag based filters'
- Admin: The new Online Store 2.0 relies on product information and is set up in the navigation admin, Learn More. To use the new filters, uncheck 'Enable tag based filters'
To use tag filters, check 'Enable tag based filters'
Sub collection navigation
Unlike other e-commerce content management systems, Shopify does not have a method of creating sub-collections. Avenue achieves this by using Navigation menus to relate collections.
The majority of time, the main menu will provide the structure you need to display sub-collections, but you have the option of creating a different menu and setting it with the 'Sub collections navigation' menu picker. The only restriction is that you can only use a collection link once and you must have more than 1 sub collection.
In this scenario, 'Collection' would be the parent collection & 'Collection 1-5' would be the sub-collections.
This relationship is used on the following:
- Collection page sub-collections
- Collection page breadcrumbs
- Collection page sidebar sub-navigation
- Product page breadcrumbs